Putting on a virtual event? Here's how to keep your virtual audience engaged in 5 steps!
- Topic: Make sure your event or presentation covers an interesting topic that is relevant and timely. When the audience feels like they can get value or benefit from the information you are sharing, they will be more likely to participate, engage and pay attention.
- Speakers: Bring in different speakers and panelists who are either experts on the topic, well respected within the community or have value to add to the conversation.
- Interactivity: Add elements of interactivity such as polling and a comments / chat section. Leave time for a Q&A at the end of the speaker or presentation so the audience can ask questions if they need.
- Technical Difficulties: Avoid these! If everything is running smoothly and on time, your audience will be more engaged with the program than if they have to wait for the program to resume or if it keeps glitching which may cause distraction.
- Visual Reinforcement: Incorporate roll in videos, slide content and graphic elements. As for presentation slides, keep them clear and concise. This also ties the show together and gives it the look and feel associated with a high quality produced program.